White Bean Caprese Salad
posted July 21, 2015 by Gina
Nothing says summer like a Caprese salad, and this one is made with white beans for added protein and fiber. It’s EASY to make, and there’s no cooking required which is a bonus during these hot summer temperatures we’re having this week.
I served this as a side salad last night along with grilled fish and my husband really enjoyed it, but this would also be great as a main dish to pack for lunch if you increase the servings to 4 people. Perfect to make ahead and this can easily be halved.
- 1 (15-oz) can Great Northern (or White Kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 1/2 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic glaze
Combine beans, tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and finish with balsamic glaze.
Pin This To Save The Recipe!