tilapia fish sticks
Total Cost: $6.22
Cost Per Serving: $1.56
- 1 lb. (approx. Four) tilapia filets $Four.99
- ½ cup all-purpose flour $zero.08
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning $zero.10
- 2 huge eggs $zero.24
- 1½ cups panko bread crumbs $zero.65
- ¼ cup vegetable oil $zero.16
- Thaw the tilapia filets (if frozen) via operating the sealed packets underneath cool water for roughly five mins. Slice each and every filet length-wise into two or 3 items (relying on width) after which horizontally to yield Four-6 sticks (see footage underneath).
- Prepare the breading station via accumulating 3 bowls. In the primary bowl mix the flour and cajun seasoning (or salt, pepper, another seasonings). In the second one bowl whisk two eggs. In the 3rd bowl position the panko bread crumbs.
- Bread the tilapia sticks via first coating in seasoned flour then dipping in egg and in the end coating in panko crumbs. Place the breaded sticks on a plate till all the sticks had been breaded.
- Heat a big skillet with 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil over medium/prime warmth. When the pan could be very scorching it’s able for the fish (a drop of water will sizzle furiously when dropped within the skillet) . Place part of the sticks within the pan and cook dinner on each and every aspect till golden brown in colour. Drain the fish sticks on a plate lined with paper towel. Wipe out the pan, upload the remainder of the vegetable oil (2 Tbsp) and cook dinner the second one part of the fish sticks the similar means.