- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 small butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- four tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Thai pink curry paste
- 1 13.Five-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, tired and rinsed
- 1 small pink bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- four scallions, white and lightweight inexperienced portions simplest, chopped
- 1/four cup chopped contemporary cilantro, for serving
Preheat oven to 400 F, with a rack within the middle place. Line a baking sheet with foil; mist with cooking spray.
Place squash halves on baking sheet, brush every with 1 tablespoon of the oil, and sprinkle every with a pinch of salt. Turn squash reduce facet down, switch baking sheet to oven, and roast till skins start to brown and wrinkle and flesh is fork-tender, about 40 mins. Remove from oven and let cool reasonably. (Leave oven on.)
While squash chefs, position curry paste in a medium bowl and slowly whisk in coconut milk till clean. Add chickpeas, bell pepper, and scallions and stir to mix.
When squash halves are cool sufficient to take care of, turn them over and scoop out many of the flesh to shape “bowls.” Combine scooped-out flesh with chickpeas and fill squash bowls with chickpea combination, mounding top. Return baking sheet to oven and bake till warmed thru, about 15 mins. Top curry squash bowls with cilantro; serve heat.
- Yield: four
Before opening a can of coconut milk, make sure you shake it vigorously. This is helping homogenize the milk, which ceaselessly separates because the can sits.
|Calories in keeping with serving:||466|
|Fat in keeping with serving:||35g|
|Saturated fats in keeping with serving:||20g|
|Cholesterol in keeping with serving:||0mg|
|Fiber in keeping with serving:||8g|
|Protein in keeping with serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrates in keeping with serving:||35g|
|Sodium in keeping with serving:||753mg|
|Iron in keeping with serving:||5mg|
|Calcium in keeping with serving:||117mg|