4.54 from 15 votes
Sweet Chili Chicken Bowls
These Sweet Chili Chicken Bowls are made with the slow cooker for a no effort, flavorful, and exotic meal.
Total Cost $7.27 recipe / $1.21 serving
- 1 20 oz.cancrushed pineapple in juice $1.59
- 1 15 oz.canblack beans $0.63*
- 1medium mango $1.00
- 3clovesgarlic, minced$0.24
- 2inchesfresh ginger, grated$0.28
- 1medium lime $0.30
- 3/4tspsalt $0.05
- 1/4cupsweet chili sauce $0.24
- 1large 3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast$1.68
- 6cupscooked jasmine rice $1.04
- 1/4bunch fresh cilantro, optional$0.22
Add the crushed pineapple (with juice), black beans (rinsed and drained), cubed mango, minced garlic, grated ginger, juice from the lime, salt, and sweet chili sauce to the slow cooker. Stir to combine the ingredients. (Step by step photos for how to cut a mango here)
Add the chicken breast to the slow cooker and cover it with the fruit and bean mixture. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for four hours (or low for 8 hours).
Spoon one cup of cooked jasmine rice into a bowl followed by one cup of the sweet chili shredded chicken. Add fresh cilantro on top and serve.
*I used black beans that I had previously cooked from dry using my slow cooker.