four.7 from 78 evaluations
salsa rooster casserole
Total Cost: $eight.58
Cost Per Serving: $1.43
- 1 cup raw rice $zero.33
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (thawed) $zero.52
- 1 (15 ounces.) can black beans $1.39
- 1 (16 ounces.) jar salsa $1.99
- 1 cup rooster broth $zero.15
- ½ Tbsp chili powder $zero.10
- ½ tsp oregano $zero.03
- 2 massive (1.five lbs.) rooster breasts $2.99
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese $zero.94
- 2 complete inexperienced onions, sliced $zero.17
- Preheat the oven to 375 levels. Drain and in short rinse the black beans. Add the dry rice, black beans, corn, salsa, rooster broth, chili powder, and oregano to an eight×eight inch casserole dish. Stir till the whole thing is lightly blended.
- Cut the rooster breasts into 3 items each and every. Push the rooster items down into the rice salsa aggregate within the casserole dish. Try to push them down as a ways into the liquid as they’ll cross. Cover the casserole dish tightly with foil. Bake for one hour.
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven, check the rice with a fork to verify it’s smooth. If it isn’t, recuperate the dish, go back it to the oven, and bake for 10-15 mins extra. When the rice is smooth, sprinkle the cheese over best and go back the casserole to the oven for a couple of mins, or till the cheese has melted. Add the sliced inexperienced onions on best after baking and serve sizzling.
If your rooster and frozen corn are nonetheless in part frozen, the casserole will take longer to cook dinner. So, make sure that they’re each thawed sooner than hand.