On my wife’s birthday, I wanted to surprise her by making a pop up card.
In this instructables, I will share where to get templates and how to make one for your loved one.
Please share your comments
Step 1: What Do We Need ?
- Red colored thick paper
- White thick paper
- Paper knife
- Steel scale
- Template ( link in next step )
- Ball pen or compass
All paper are A4 size
Step 2: Template
Step 3: Cutting
- On the template we have a border.
- Apply glue on the reverse side outside the border and stick the template on the white thick paper,
- Use steel scale to make cuts
- Using a sharp object like compass, outline where the paper will be folded
Step 4: Popping
- Using gentle force push and fold to get cake popped out
- Start from bottom then middle and then top
Step 5: Customise and Finishing Touches
I was not satisfied with just having cake pop up. I wanted more
- Added few
- Look for silhouette icons on internet if you want
Stick the card on a red colored paper, write your message
Gift the card to your loved one
Collected by: http://howtomakediy.net