Jen Causey; Photo Styling: Chelsea Zimmer ; Prop Styling: Mindi Shapiro
- 2 half tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 16 ounce packaged frozen pearl onions, thawed
- half teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/four cup low-sodium hen broth
- 1/four cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon uncooked honey
- 1/four teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped contemporary chives, for serving, non-compulsory
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter with the oil in a big, deep skillet over medium warmth. Add onions and sprinkle with 1/four teaspoon of the salt. Increase warmth to medium-high and cook dinner, stirring from time to time, till liquid has cooked off and onions are starting to caramelize, 10 to 15 mins. Stir in broth, vinegar, and honey; convey to a boil.
Reduce warmth to medium-low and simmer, stirring from time to time, for 10 mins. Add last half tablespoon butter; cook dinner till liquid has thickened and decreased to about 2 tablespoons and onions are caramelized, about five mins. Sprinkle with pepper and last 1/four teaspoon salt. Garnish with chopped chives, if desired.
- Yield: eight
Plant energy. Pearl onions (like any onions) are wealthy within the antioxidant quercetin.
|Calories consistent with serving:||119|
|Fat consistent with serving:||7g|
|Saturated fats consistent with serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol consistent with serving:||10mg|
|Fiber consistent with serving:||2g|
|Protein consistent with serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate consistent with serving:||13g|
|Sodium consistent with serving:||127mg|
|Iron consistent with serving:||0mg|
|Calcium consistent with serving:||28mg|