Hector Sanchez; Food Styling: Chelsea Zimmer; Prop Styling: Mindi Shapiro
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large shallot, minced (1/4 cup)
- 2 14-oz. cans hearts of palm, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- Salt and pepper
Place 1/4 cup oil, garlic, and shallot in a skillet; turn on medium-low heat. When mixture sizzles, wait 30 seconds, then transfer to a food processor. Add remaining ingredients except salt and pepper; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and add more lemon juice and/or honey, if desired. Drizzle with oil just before serving.
- Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate.
- Yield: About 2 1/4 cups