This quick and easy Korean-inspired salmon dish is cooked in the broiler, perfect for weeknight cooking because it takes less than 10 minutes to cook. The glaze is so tasty it would be great with other types of fish as well.
Salmon is one of my favorite fish, it’s super healthy and loaded with omegas. My kids also share my love of salmon, but if salmon isn’t your thing this would also be great with black cod or Chilean sea bass.
Have I mentioned I’m obsessed with Korean food? Yes, I think I did way back when I posted these Korean Beef Bowls and this Korean Grilled Chicken Breast recipe. So I was really excited when I got my hands on the cookbook, Korean Food Made Simple by Judy Joo which is where I got this recipe.
One essential ingredient you will need is Gochujang Sauce. It’s a Korean condiment that’s a little spicy and sweet, and has very distinct flavor only found in Korean cuisine. It also comes in a paste which requires you to thin it down. I use Annie Chun’s Gochujang Sauce since it’s available in my local supermarket and it’s ready-to-use, or buy it on Amazon.
The recipe for this is simple – make the glaze, broil the fish 2 minutes, brush the fish with glaze then broil an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Doesn’t get easier than that!
Total Time: 10 minutes
- cooking spray
- 1 lb (4- 4oz) wild salmon filets
For the Gochujang Glaze:
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tsp mirin
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- scallions, sliced thin on an angle
- black sesame seeds
- Combine glaze ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Preheat the broiler on high and position the rack 4 to 5 inches from the heat. Line the broiler pan with foil and spray lightly with oil.
- Put the salmon on the prepared sheet and season with salt. Broil 2 minutes.
- Brush the salmon with glaze and broil until desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes depending on the thickness. Transfer to a platter and top with sesame seeds and scallions. Serve with rice if desired.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 fillet
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 5
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 197
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 269mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 23g