Easy Southwest Mac n Cheese
This tremendous fast Southwest Mac n Cheese makes use of Greek yogurt to make a creamy cheese sauce.
- eightoz..pasta, elbow or shell$zero.75
- 1Tbspolive oil $zero.16
- 1small yellow onion $zero.52
- 2clovesgarlic $zero.16
- 1cupfrozen corn kernels $zero.50
- 1 10 oz..candiced tomatoes with inexperienced chiles* $zero.79
- halftspchili powder $zero.03**
- 1 6 oz..containerundeniable Greek yogurt $zero.89
- 1cupshredded sharp cheddar $zero.83
- 2-Threeinexperienced onions, sliced$zero.20
Cook the pasta in line with the package deal instructions (boil 7-10 mins, or till al dente), then drain in a colander.
While looking ahead to the pasta water to boil and the pasta to cook dinner, cube the onion and mince the garlic. Sauté each in a big pot with the olive oil over medium warmth till they’re comfortable and clear (about five mins). Drain the diced tomatoes, then upload them to the pot with the frozen corn and chili powder. Continue to sauté till the corn has heated via (about Three mins).
Turn the warmth off and upload the tired pasta and Greek yogurt. Stir till the pasta is lined within the creamy sauce. Add the cheese and stir till the residual warmth has melted it into the sauce. If you pasta has cooled an excessive amount of to soften the cheese, stay the burner on low as you stir the cheese into the sauce. Serve scorching sprinkled with the sliced inexperienced onions.
*Diced tomatoes with inexperienced chiles like Rotel emblem.
**Chili powder is a light mix of purple chile peppers and different spices. It isn’t the similar as cayenne pepper, which could be very highly spiced.