It feels like everyplace I flip latterly, I see another “___ Uses For Coconut Oil” list. Generally once things area unit HYPED that much…my intellect measuring system goes into overdrive. however the additional I examine it, the additional it will appear to be it will do exactly concerning anything! I actually have browse most concerning copra oil within the past week, my head is spinning! however despiteresearch overload vertigo…I have managed to reap a number of my personal favorites from the a whole lot I examine and thought i’d share them with you.
Including this instruction for a do-it-yourself dentifrice that I fully LOVE exploitation on my pearly whites! 🙂
Homemade Coconut Oil Toothpaste
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp baking soda
- 25 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1 packet stevia
- 2 tsp vegetable glycerin (optional)
Put the coconut oil and baking soda in a bowl and mash up with a fork until blended.
Add the peppermint oil, stevia and elective vegetable alcohol and still mash and stir till you’ve reached dentifrice consistency.
This formula shocked me! i used to be anticipating it tasting pretty nasty…but it had been minty contemporary instead! AND it left my teeth feeling clean and “slickery.” (yeah…I created that word up.) 5 stars from me!!
Here are some other clever ways to utilize coconut oil:
- Mixing with Makeup: Add to mineral foundation powder for an excellent no-streak glowing foundation. I solely use mineral makeup foundation. however typically I desire my skin might use one thing with alittle wetness to that to use as a base. thus i attempted this tip and that i precious it. I used the “liquid” foundation first…then finished off with the powder and got such a pleasant, even coverage! I wouldn’t use it for everyday, except for special occasions….DEFINITELY!
- Frizzy Hair Remedy: After laundry and learning, rub alittle quantity between palms and skimp over wet hair, vogue as was common.
- Hair Mask: 2 Tbs vegetable oil, two Tbs oil, two Tbs sweet almond oil, but several pierced antioxidant tablets as you wish, and a few juice.
- Homemade Deodorant: Click here for the recipe!
- Moisturizing Shower Scrub: Combine 1 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup aloe vera gel, and 1/4 cup baking soda.
- Healthy “Magic Shell” ice cream topping: Click here for a super simple recipe!
- Keep a little container in your purse for lip moisturizer.
- Condition your wooden cutting boards: Click here for moisturizing “Spoon Butter” to keep wooden boards and utensils in great shape!
- Add a spoonful to your dog or cat’s food.
- Use on your baby’s dermatitis or dermatitis.
- For nursing mothers, use copra oil on your nipples to stop cracking and irritation.
- Use to assist cut back visibility of stretch marks or to forestall stretch marks.
- If you’re at risk of nosebleeds, coat the within of your nostrils with vegetable oil frequently.
- Ear infections:Tilt your head to the aspect and place a couple of drops in (or atiny low chunk if you don’t need to soften it… your body heat can presently soften it).
- Homemade Vapor Rub: Click here for the recipe.
- Insect Repellent: Mix with peppermint, lemon balm, citronella, rosemary, or tea tree oil.
- Mix with baking soda for a non-toxic “Goo Gone:” Check out the results here.
- Got gum stuck in your hair? Try using coconut oil to remove without cutting your hair.
- Mix with butter and toss your popcorn in it. Yum!
- Gluten-Free Chocolate ‘Bark:’ Click here for the recipe.
- Strengthening Nails: Add a drop of lavender to a little dish of coconut oil and rub it into your nails and they will be strong and lovely.
- Melt a tablespoon of it and pour it into your smoothie: 1 cup full-fat yogurt, 1/2 cup strawberries, 2 Tbsp maple syrup, 1Tbsp melted coconut oil. Delicious and healthy.
- Eye Makeup Remover: Click here for the recipe.
- Use coconut oil as a natural guitar string lubricant and string cleaner.
- Use coconut oil instead of the pricey toxic shampoos to get rid of lice.
- Moisturizing Mash: Click here for a recipe that softens the driest skin!
- Mix garlic with coconut oil and it makes whatever you’re cooking taste buttered!
- Use coconut oil mixed with baking soda, oatmeal or sugar for a moisturizing and brightening facial scrub.
- Sore Throat Remedy: If you feel a sore throat coming on, let a spoonful of coconut oil dissolve on your tongue and coat your throat. Sore throat should be gone by the next day!
- Sunscreen: Get the all-natural recipe here!
- Soothing After-Sun Lotion: Click here for a recipe that’s great on sunburns!
- Use it on cold sores!
- Lip Scrub: Click here for a 4-ingredient recipe that makes a great gift!
- Cinnamon toast is AMAZING with coconut oil in place of butter!
Want MORE coconut oil ideas?
- MY FAVORITE HEALTH & BEAUTY TRICKS USING COCONUT OIL
- DIY COCONUT OIL BODY WASH
- HOW TO MAKE A COCONUT OIL DEEP CONDITIONER FOR YOUR HAIR
- HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE COCONUT OIL SALT SCRUB
- HOW TO MAKE FLAVORED COCONUT OIL TABLETS FOR A HEALTHY MOUTH
Collected by: http://howtomakediy.net